Saturday 30 July 2011

Simply Stampin' Challenge #18

London, Baby!!  Thank goodness for this challenge!  I've been forced (not unwillingly, I might add) to create Photo Love.  I dug out a half-thought-through project from nearly 3 years ago that just hadn't got off the ground.  The photos were all printed out but I hadn't really come up with an idea I liked.  But, ta da, today was the day.  So thank you Simply Stampin' for this week's challenge.

I chose the Westminster Tube Station sign as my inspiration for the colours:
Pacific Point, Real Red, Whisper White

I trawled through my stamp sets for something I could tie into the design and I came up with Artistic Etchings.  Using, platinum shimmer paint, I randomly stamped the crown image onto the background and again, this time in Pacific Point, on the title topper.




My friend and I had saved for 5 years for this trip to celebrate our 40th birthdays.  Just £20 a month for 5 years.  We stayed in the Mayfair, dined at Maze, shopped at Harvey Nics, Harrods, Selfridges, etc, etc.  Oh not forgetting the limo ride from the airport to the hotel.  Hee, hee!  It was such a girlie weekend, we're planning our next one maybe a little sooner this time.  Can't wait....

Although you can't see in the photo, I've stamped some Basic Phrases in the corners to reflect the occasion, using Birthday, Celebrate and Friend.

4 comments:

  1. Seems like a good time was had by all. Great.Glad to see you have the 'subcribe by e-mail gadget on your blog now.I have subscribed. Whoops, meant to say that i love your box design. xx Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! and ties so well with the theme this week too.
    Thanks for taking part...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is gorgeous! I love how it matches the tube colours :-)
    Thanks for joining in this week,
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic - well done you for finally finishing the project! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simply Stampin' Challenge, Niki x

    ReplyDelete